[HOWTO] Install samba 3.6.25 on a ZyXEL fw4 nas

Projektleiter: Mijzelf

Eine Art FFP 2.0 mit neuen Möglichkeiten und besserem Paket-Managment.

Detaillierte Beschreibung im ersten Thread.
mes

Re: [HOWTO] Install samba 3.6.25 on a ZyXEL fw4 nas

Post by mes »

Mijzelf wrote:
mes wrote: @Mijzelf: Any idea?
Not directly. It should have worked. In the webinterface you should be able to find the log of the initial install. Can you post that?
Well, as soon as you do it the correct way - it works! :-)

My fault was that I was always trying the comands with "su" (as stated in the HowTo), alternatively with user "admin" in the ssh. The way to success was finally to login with user "root"

Thank You for this How To - may be you can update it with the "root" user info - just in case another Linux newbie like me comes around :-)
Mijzelf

Post by Mijzelf »

mes wrote: My fault was that I was always trying the comands with "su" (as stated in the HowTo), alternatively with user "admin" in the ssh. The way to success was finally to login with user "root"
Really? That's new to me. Can you login as admin and post the output of

Code: Select all

echo $PATH
su
echo $PATH
and repeat that when logging in a root?
mes

Post by mes »

Mijzelf wrote:
mes wrote: My fault was that I was always trying the comands with "su" (as stated in the HowTo), alternatively with user "admin" in the ssh. The way to success was finally to login with user "root"
Really? That's new to me. Can you login as admin and post the output of

echo $PATH
su
echo $PATH
and repeat that when logging in a root?
Ok, just tried the echo $PATH command as ADMIN and as ROOT user - the output is the same

/opt/bin:/opt/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/zyxel/sbin:/usr/local/zy-pkgs/bin:/zyxel/htp
Afterwards I've tried the opkg command with both users - ADMIN and ROOT. And it works with both users. It seems that there was something wrong in my config before I did the factory reset on the NSA. Or it also might be that the problem was sitting infront of the PC :-)

Anyway - thank You very much for your support, your fix works very well. I can access my NSA325 v2 with my upadated WIN10 (SMB1 deactivated by last update). Good work, thanks.