RandomTools

Projektleiter: Mijzelf

unrar 5.3.8
A tool to extract rar archives.

Some other tools
Mijzelf

RandomTools

Post by Mijzelf »

RandomTools is a collection of tools which I compiled for the NAS because I needed them, and I thought they might be useful for others either.

The package contains
unrar 5.4.5
screen 4.2.1
nano 2.2.6
su 8.15
sudo 1.6.8p12
iftop 1.0pre4
htop 1.0.3
hdparm 9.43
nmon 14i.
iperf 2.0.5
iperf3 3.0.3
ldd 2.8
curlftpfs 0.9.2
iana /etc/protocols&/etc/services
ncdu 1.12
ca-certificates 20161130

Further the package offers a place to put your own startscripts. The executable scripts in /usr/local/zy-pkgs/etc/custom_startscripts/ (/i-data/sysvol/.PKG/RandomTools/etc/custom_startscripts/ on a firmware 5+ device) are started (called with argument start) in alphabetical on start of the package, and called with argument stop in reverse alphabetical order on stop of the package.
The scripts already there put symlinks or caller scripts to the tools in /bin, /sbin and /etc.

Note: screen and nano are dependent on the TERMINFO variable which is set in /etc/profile. If you have ffp installed, your shell will be /ffp/bin/sh, which uses /ffp/etc/profile, so in that case screen and nano won't work. But of course the ffp versions will, and they are first in the PATH.

A work-around is to provide the TERMINFO:

Code: Select all

TERMINFO=/usr/local/zy-pkgs/share/terminfo /bin/nano
Note2: As a bonus, MidnightCommander suddenly also has colors, due to the TERMINFO variable.